The District #18 Board of Education will soon begin a search for a new superintendent.
On the agenda for Thursday night’s meeting, Superintendent Steve Dennis will ask the board to accept his letter of resignation, effective at the end of his contract (the end of June). Dennis’ resignation is in accordance with district policy which states a superintendent choosing not to renew his contract must notify the board in December.
From Ord, Dennis was hired in April 2009 by the school board to replace interim superintendent Lee Hall. Prior to accepting the position with District #18, Dennis had served as an elementary principal at Ord.
“I’ve enjoyed my time here,” Dennis said in a telephone interview Monday afternoon. “I”m looking for an opportunity to be closer to family.” His wife is a school teacher in Ord.
Other items on the agenda for board members to act on are:
• Approve Second Reading of Board Policy 201.02, Board Membership – Elections and Appointments
• Approve Second Reading of Board Policy 201.03, Qualifications
• Approve Second Reading of Board Policy 201.04, Oath of Office
• Approve Second Reading of Board Policy 201.05, Term of Office
• Approve Second Reading of Board Policy 201.07, Board Member Liability
• Approve Second Reading of Board Policy 203.01, Board Organizational Meeting
• Approve Second Reading of Board Policy 204.08, Quorum
Discussion Items on the agenda are:
• Superintendent’s Report
• Discuss Superintendent Search Process
• Discuss Board Retreat
• Review Board Policies 400’s
• Review Board Self Evaluation
The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. in the distance learning room at the high school.
The meeting is open to the public.