The District #18 Board of Education will hold their regular board meeting on Thursday night, Jan. 12.
The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., will be held in the distance learning room at the high school.
‘Action’ items on the agenda are:
• Recognize the Elgin Education Association as the exclusive bargaining agent for all certificated employees whose primary function is to teach
• Approve an amendment to Board Policy 603.2.1, Curriculum Coordination Council Policy
• Approve purchase or lease of computers
‘Discussion’ items on the agenda are:
• Staff presentation on 1 to 1 Computer Initiative
• Staff presentation on Need for Summer School
• Quarterly administrative report
• Review 2012 Board Goals
• Superintendent’s report
• Review Board and Superintendent evaluation policies
• Select interview questions for superintendent
• Review Board Policies 400s
• Set next regular meeting date
Thursday night’s meeting is open to the public.