ELGIN CITY COUNCIL
March 5, 2018
The Elgin City Council met in regular session on Monday, March 5, 2018, at 7:30 p.m., pursuant to posted notice. Mayor Schmitt called the meeting to order, and announced the location of the Open Meeting Act. Mayor Schmitt opened the One and Six Year Street Hearing at 7:30.
Council members present were Don Mackel, Mike Dvorak, Duane Miller and Jim Kittelson.
A complete and accurate copy of the minutes is available for public inspection during normal business hours at the City Clerk’s office.
The following agenda items were approved:
• February regular meeting minutes, treasurer’s report, transaction report, and paying the claims.
GENERAL: ERPPD, se, 93.80; Great Plains Communications, se, 51.93; Fitzgerald, Vetter & Temple, se, 350.00; Jeanette Meis, se, 75.00; Prudential, retirement, 690.24; US Treasury, tax, 2630.42; Elgin Review, prnt, 367.68; Dean’s Market, su, 22.82; APPEARA, su, 25.10; Bank of Elgin, ins, 2250.00; Black Hill Energy, se, 301.10; Eakes Office Solutions, su, 19.35; Payroll, 1819.04
SALES TAX: Pool Fund: 8634.82
STREET: ERPPD, se, 1208.58; Verizon Wireless, su, 55.47; Elgin One Stop, su, 463.25; Black Hills Energy, se, 164.44; Central Valley Ag, su, 9.70; Corner Service, su, 698.00; NE Environmental, su, 364.19; B’s Enterprises, su, 68.40; MARC, su, 321.63; Beckman Lumber, machine rent, 234.00; Elgin Review, prnt, 10.74; Kayton, su, 93.86; Payroll, 1344.99
WATER: ERPPD, se, 988.55; Verizon Wireless, su, 55.47; Great Plains Communications, se, 45.00; NE Health Lab, test, 474.00; CVA, su, 16.70; Core & Main, su, 248.57; US Post Office, su, 59.40; Dept of Revenue, tax, 1643.63; Kayla Morrow Account, return, 100.00; Alann Counihan Account, return, 100.00; Payroll, 2689.99
SEWER: ERPPD, se, 1009.62; Great Plains Communications, se, 49.13; Midwest Labs, Test, 182.75; Dept of Revenue, tax, 620.89; MARC, su, 1771.62; Payroll, 1028.22
FIRE: ERPPD, se, 143.95; Great Plains Communications, se, 55.91; APPEARA, su, 25.09; Black Hills nergy, se, 642.95; EVFD, allotment, 2300.00
POLICE: Antelope Co Sheriff, se, 2,700.00
TRASH PICKUP/RECYCLING: Bud’s Sanitary Service, se, 4630.50; Betty Moser, rent, 100.00
POOL: ERPPD, se, 30.14; Black Hills Energy, se, 33.63; DHHS, license, 40.00; Stoneworx LLC, se, 562.50
PARK: ERPPD, se, 71.07; Payroll, 316.77
LIBRARY: ERPPD, se, 69.88; Amazon, bks, 243.97; Black Hills Energy, se, 168.89; Great Plains Communications, se, 108.30; Wacker Home Improvement, rprs, 226.00; Barb Bode, bks, 27.33; Center Point, bks, 168.00; Payroll, 1134.86
• Use of ballfield and closing streets for possible 10 and Under Tournament
• Concrete parking area with curb and guttering at the pool
• Charging $800.00 for a 1” tap to the water main
• Prepay Complete Pest Elimination for mosquito control June-September
• New interlocal agreement with Antelope County for law enforcement
• Special Designated Permit for EKG event, April 13, 2018
• Sue Vanis-Pool Manager, Jill Schindler Assistant Manager/Lifeguard, Grace Henn and Kayce Kallhoff lifeguards
• Request bids for 13,000 gallons of armor coat oil
• Paying final bill for water and sewer lines at Meadowbrook Subdivision
• Building Permits: Dave Schrage-garage
• Resolution 2018-1, approving the One and Six Year Street Plan
• Closed the One and Six Year Street Hearing at 8:45 p.m.
The following agenda items were discussed:
• Change in the construction of two new bins by CVA
• Future plans for develop by CVA
• Replace evergreen trees at park and the removal of dead trees at park
• Installation of sidewalk from round picnic shelter to bathrooms
• Cleaning of Centennial Gardens
• Rubber mats under the swings
• Alley by Jeannette Meis’
• Vehicles moved during snow removal
• Non-working water meters
• Walk through of city buildings by Council
• Key punch lock for well house
• Timer for exhaust fan at fire hall
• Sheriff’s report: December 111 hours and 44 minutes with 9-911 calls.
• Total for 2017 1241 hours and 1 minute with 86-911 calls.
• January 84 hours and 4 minutes and 4-911 calls
• February 138 hours and 51 minutes and 2-911 calls
• Community Cleanup Day
• Office closed March 27th, 28th and 29th for Clerk to attend academy
• Next regular meeting will be held on Monday, April 2, 2018
• Regular Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
PUBLISH: March 14, 2018
ELGIN CITY COUNCIL