ELGIN CITY COUNCIL
September 6, 2016
The Elgin City Council met in regular session on Tuesday, September 6, 2016, at 7:30 p.m., pursuant to posted notice. Mayor Schmitt called the meeting to order, and announced the location of the Open Meeting Act. Council members present were Don Mackel, Mike Dvorak, Jim Kittelson and Duane Miller,
A complete and accurate copy of the minutes is available for public inspection during normal business hours at the City Clerk’s office.
The following agenda items were approved:
• August regular meeting minutes, special meeting minutes, treasurer’s report, transaction report, and paying the claims.
GENERAL: ERPPD, se, 172.45; Great Plains Communications, se, 46.93; Fitzgerald, Vetter & Temple, se, 350.00; Jeanette Meis, se, 125.00; Prudential, retirement, 814.05; US Treasury, tax, 5412.38; Dean’s Market, su, 25.04; APPEARA, su, 25.68; Bank of Elgin, ins, 2250.00; Bank of Elgin, loan, 1000.00; Eakes Office Solutions, su, 17.98; Municipal Code Services, se, 160.00; Flower Corner, su, 10.00; Source Gas, su, 75.12; US Post Office, su, 6.45; Payroll, 2,378.08
SALES TAX: General Fund, se, 1719.86
STREET: ERPPD, se, 1,169.48; Verizon Wireless, su, 14.92; Source Gas, se, 31.01; Elgin One Stop, su, 118.76; The Home Town Station, su, 402.61; CVA, su, 22.73; Elgin Equipment, rprs, 43.15; Barco, su, 930.15; Payroll, 1124.41
WATER: ERPPD, se, 768.39; Verizon Wireless, su, 14.93; Great Plains Communications, se, 97.33; NE Health Lab, test, 329.00; Don Poulsen, postage, 22.95; Sargent Drilling, tests, 225.00; ACES, se, 3000.00; CVA, su, 35.05; US Post Office, su, 22.95; Dept of Revenue, tax, 1751.41; To Tyler Reestman Acct, return deposit, 69.38; Tyler Reestman, return deposit, 30.62; To Shannon Steele Acct, return deposit, 100.00 ; Payroll, 2,248.87
SEWER: ERPPD, se, 1100.37; Great Plains Communications, se44.13; Dept of Revenue, tax, 602.08; Midwest Labs, Tests, 538.06; Payroll, 864.70
FIRE: ERPPD, se, 241.23; Great Plains Communications, se, 50.90; APPEARA, su, 25.68; Source Gas, se, 69.07; Bank of Elgin, loan, 3693.42
POLICE: Antelope Co Sheriff, se, 2,700.00
TRASH PICKUP/RECYCLING: Bud’s Sanitary Service, se, 4,995.00; Betty Moser, rent, 100.00; Ne Dept of Revenue, fee, 25.00
POOL: ERPPD, se, 659.37; Source Gas, se, 608.38; Dean’s Market, su, 49.04; APPEARA, su, 25.68; Department of Revenue, tax, 66.24; In the Swim, su, 750.93; CVA, su, 35.98; Payroll, 4124.97
PARK: ERPPD, se, 134.22; Department of Revenue, tax, 10.32; Echo Electric, su, 13.10; Arbor Farms, su, 331.50; Payroll, 259.74
LIBRARY: ERPPD, se, 83.96; Source Gas, se, 35.03; Amazon, bks, 22.06; Great Plains Communications, se, 119.00; Stu Campbell, bks, 122.04; Payroll, 1043.56
YOUTH: ERPPD, se, 65.73; Central Valley Ag, su, 18.00
• To proceed with the new pool at the cost of $1,729,684.88.
• Paying Application #1 from Sargent Drilling for $99,901.80.
• Final payment to Rutjen’s Construction for the storm sewer repairs of $20,000.00 and authorizing City Engineer Zwingman to have Rutjen’s invoice Janet Koinzan for the remaining $32,797.00
• Authorize City Engineer to present the plans and specifications to NHHS to replace the water main on Cedar Street from 4th to 5th Streets
• Special Designated Permit for the EKG for the Annual Tailgate Party September 24, 2016
• Resolution 2016-2-adopting the Antelope, Holt, Knox Counties Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan
• Enter into executive session at 9:00 p.m.
• Reconvene in open session at 9:16 p.m.
• A cost of living raise of 3% for the three full time employees
• Ordinance 644-The annual wage ordinance
• Building permits: KNBB Enterprises LLC, Leigh Kluthe and Eric Haselhorst
Discussions were held on:
• Water Well Update
• Bridge Repair Update
• Central Valley Ag/Janet Koinzan Storm Sewer Update
• Drainage Ditch on West Pine Street by County Barn
• Replacing four fire hydrants this week
• Storm sewer repairs at Corner Service
• Resignation of Antelope County Deputy
• File nuisance complaints on residents
• Sending letter to resident regarding mowing and removal of unlicensed vehicles
• Placing “Potentially Dangerous Dog” on October agenda
• Increased cost of fire department’s group insurance
• Next regular meeting will be held on Monday, October 3, 2016
• Meeting adjourned at 9:55 p.m.
PUBLISH: September 14, 2016
ELGIN CITY COUNCIL