ELGIN CITY COUNCIL
May 2, 2016
The Elgin City Council met in regular session on Monday, May 2, 2016 at 7:30 p.m., pursuant to posted notice. Mayor Schmitt called the meeting to order, and announced the location of the Open Meeting Act.
Councilmen present were Jim Kittelson, Duane Miller, Don Mackel and Mike Dvorak.
A complete and accurate copy of the minutes is available for public inspection during normal business hours at the City Clerk’s office.
The following agenda items were approved:
• April regular meeting minutes, treasurer’s report, transaction report, and paying the claims.
GENERAL: ERPPD, se, 90.96; Great Plains Communications, se, 50.65; Fitzgerald, Vetter & Temple, se, 399.88; Jeanette Meis, se, 125.00; Prudential, retirement, 597.45; US Treasury, tax, 2466.60; Dean’s Market, su, 20.61; APPEARA, su, 36.00; Elgin Review, se, 228.32; Source Gas, se, 170.72; Bank of Elgin, ins, 2250.00; Bank of Elgin, loan, 500.00; V.Miller, su, 61.25; Eakes, su, 306.24; Elgin Public Schools, licenses, 1190.00; NEDD, dues, 826.25; US Post Office, su, 363.08; Payroll, 1719.90
SALES TAX: To General; $1728.82; To Fire; 9470.00
STREET: ERPPD, se, 1509.79; Verizon Wireless, su, 15.06; Source Gas, se, 95.00; Elgin One Stop, se, 32.95; Home Town Station, su, 199.77; Central Valley Ag, su, 82.49; ACES, se, 600.00; Beckman Lumber, su, 336.80; R. Henn, ex, 60.00; Sapp Bros, su, 104.79; Elgin Equipment, rprs, 20.00; NE Environmental Products, su, 138.57; Molt Mfg, se, 1200.00; Corner Service, su, 196.40; Payroll, 1107.08
WATER: ERPPD, se, 548.15; Verizon Wireless, su, 15.07; Great Plains Communications, se, 87.80; NE Health Lab, test, 33.00; One Call Concepts, se, 4.34; R. Henn, ex, 60.00; Central Valley Ag, su, 20.48; Sargent Drilling, su, 236.97; Municipal Supply, , su, 392.33; NeRWA, dues, 75.00; Green Line, su, 40.09; Elgin Review, prnt, 360.94; US Post Office, su, 56.94; Dept of Revenue, tax, 97.03; Payroll, 2214.18
SEWER: ERPPD, se, 994.13; Great Plains Communications, se, 47.85; Dept of Revenue, tax, 37.71; Dean’s Market, su, 1.50; One Call Concept, se, 4.33; Midwest Labs, test, 192.53; Sapp Bros, su, 23.00; NeRWA, dues, 75.00; Elgin Review, prnt, 53.08; Payroll, 849.44
FIRE: ERPPD, se, 322.00; Great Plains Communications, se, 54.63; APPEARA, su, 36.00; Source Gas, se, 315.31; Bank of Elgin, loan, 1846.71; EVFD, rprs, 9470.00; Central Valley Ag, su, 8.49
POLICE: Antelope Co Sheriff, se, 2700.00; Elgin Review, su, 12.00
TRASH PICKUP/RECYCLING: Bud’s Sanitary Service, se, 4968.00; Betty Moser, rent, 100.00
POOL: ERPPD, se, 28.73; Source Gas, se, 31.01; Elgin Review, prnt, 126.00
PARK: ERPPD, se, 80.15; Sterling West, su, 4673.00; Payroll, 257.66
LIBRARY: ERPPD, se, 58.64; Source Gas, se, 85.28; Amazon, bks, 160.70; Great Plains Communications, se, 87.90; Biblionix, software, 800.00; Payroll, 958.57
• The plans and specifications for the infrastructure at Sterling Heights
• Renewal of insurance with Continental Western Insurance, Kathy Volk agent
• Repair bridge with 18” steel stringers and wooden plank deck
• City Engineer to investigate complaint of properties on Elm Street
• $1,500.00 from sales tax to the Elgin Baseball Boosters
• Payment to Big Timber upon completion of tree trimming at the park
• Sheriff’s Department removal of “prohibited dog”
• Payment of additional claim for fire department insurance to Elgin Insurance Services in the amount of $8377.00
• Pool opening date of May 30th, 2016
• Building Permits: Luke Hinkle, Shirley Nissen, Terry & Reah Benes
Discussions were held on:
• Possible start date of water well as June 1, 2016
• Rutjen’s starting on drainage ditch, water mains and fire hydrants June 1st
• Dumpsters for city clean up here May 19th and picked up May 20th
• Advertise fire hall air conditioner for sale
• Drainage problems with street in front of Marty Henn’s
• Property stakes at new water well site
• Legal description of proposed new street
• Building permits for chicken coops
• Clerk attending IIMC conference in Omaha May 22-26th
• Income survey returns are NEEDED for grants for Elgin
• Replacing water mains on four blocks of Highway 14
• Next regular meeting will be held on Monday, June 6, 2016 at 7:30 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 8:40 p.m.
PUBLISH: May 11, 2016
ELGIN CITY COUNCIL