ELGIN CITY COUNCIL
March 7, 2016
The Elgin City Council met in regular session on Monday, March 7, 2016 at 7:30 p.m., pursuant to posted notice. Mayor Schmitt called the meeting to order, and announced the location of the Open Meeting Act.
Councilmen present were Jim Kittelson, Duane Miller, Don Mackel and Mike Dvorak.
A complete and accurate copy of the minutes is available for public inspection during normal business hours at the City Clerk’s office.
The following agenda items were approved:
• February regular meeting minutes, treasurer’s report, transaction report, and paying the claims, One and Six Year Street Hearing minutes.
• GENERAL: ERPPD, se, 95.29; Great Plains Communications, se, 50.69; Fitzgerald, Vetter & Temple, se, 200.00; Jeanette Meis, se, 75.00; Prudential, retirement, 865.65; US Treasury, tax, 3424.42; Dean’s Market, su, 11.64; APPEARA, su, 46.08; Elgin Review, se, 201.68; Source Gas, se, 228.61; Bank of Elgin, ins, 2250.00; Bank of Elgin, loan, 500.00; Eakes Office Solution, su, 276.92; B.Miller, se, 20.00; Flower Corner, su, 41.00; Payroll, 1719.90
SALES TAX: To General; $2127.43
STREET: ERPPD, se, 1675.54; Verizon Wireless, su, 14.87; Source Gas, se, 130.49; Elgin One Stop, se, 389.43; Home Town Station, su, 94.94; MARC, su, 572.75; Beckman Lumber, rent, 437.50; Barco, su, 772.98; Jonny Dodge, su, 10.76; Elgin Auto Parts, su, 176.43; Elgin Equipment, su, 22.75; Corner Service, su, 1322.90; Payroll, 1198.28
WATER: ERPPD, se, 616.15; Verizon Wireless, su, 14.87; Great Plains Communications, se, 87.84; NE Health Lab, test, 256.00; Dean’s Market, su, 3.00; Holiday Inn/Kearney, se, 185.90; One Call Concepts, se, 1.14; Central Valley Ag, su, 9.40; US Post Office, su, 154.95; Dept of Revenue, tax, 1570.06; Elgin Review, su, 277.40; Harley Wilbeck Account, return, 100.00; Payroll, 2396.57
SEWER: ERPPD, se, 1113.18; Great Plains Communications, se, 47.89; Dept of Revenue, tax, 625.38; Midwest Labs, test, 366.30; Mc2 Inc, rprs, 418.91; Murphy Tractor, rprs, 642.50; One Call Concept, se, 1.14; Payroll, 921.25
FIRE: ERPPD, se, 320.39; Great Plains Communications, se, 54.67; APPEARA, su, 46.07; Source Gas, se, 533.77; Bank of Elgin, loan, 1846.71; Kittelson Home Repair, rprs, 450.00; Beckman Lumber, su, 157.56; EVFD, allotment, 2300.00
POLICE: Antelope Co Sheriff, se, 2700.00; J.P. Cooke Company, su, 78.92
TRASH PICKUP/RECYCLING: Bud’s Sanitary Service, se, 4968.00; Betty Moser, rent, 100.00
POOL: ERPPD, se, 28.09; Source Gas, se, 27.65; DHHS, license, 40.00
PARK: ERPPD, se, 86.01; Payroll, 277.05
LIBRARY: ERPPD, se, 65.58; Source Gas, se, 117.31; Amazon, bks119.96; Great Plains Communications, se, 82.46; Payroll, 958.57
• Amending Ordinance 642, correcting the Sterling Heights 3rd Subdivision ordinance
• Contract with Complete Pest Elimination for mosquito spraying and early payment
• Funds for items for the park and Centennial Gardens
• Purchasing 10, 000 gallons or armor coat oil from TopKote Inc for $2.51 per gallon
• Approved Sue Vanis as pool manager, Taya Voborny as lifeguard and assistant manager Christian Lundgren and Katie Polk as full time lifeguards and Liz Selting as sub guard
• Jenna Parks as summer office help
• Building Permits: Elgin Development Corp.
• A special meeting will be held before any building permit can begin digging
Discussions were held on:
• The well project status, revolving loan requirements and proposed bid opening date.
• Highway 14 repairs by NDOR
• Proposed extension of sewer line to Sterling Heights Subdivision
• Cable rate increase by Great Plains Communications
• Repairs to steps at park
• Drainage ditch construction starting in mid; April
• Repairs to bridge and street dedication to sewer plant
• Remaining with Elgin Insurance Services and Continental Western Insurance
• Drafting an amendment to the Vacation policy
• Donation from the Q125 committee for the storage building
• Sheriff’s Department’s February Report—99 hours and 58 minutes and 6; 911 calls.
• Budget for sewer line clean out annually
• Information regarding the pool bonds will be held on March 7th
• 2015 taxes on lots for new well
• Purchasing 30 ton of cold patch
• NDOR patching holes at Elgin One Stop
• Repairs to fire hydrants
• Non; working water meters fixed in March and April
• Culvert on north side of water well property
• Trimming the pine trees on the west side of the pool
• Inspection and walk through of City properties before the April meeting
• Nothing was heard about the application for speed signs
• Condition of nuisance properties
Next regular meeting will be held on Monday, April 4, 2016 at 7:30 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 9:06 p.m.
PUBLISH: March 16, 2016
ELGIN CITY COUNCIL