ELGIN CITY COUNCIL
February 1, 2016
The Elgin City Council met in regular session on Monday, February 1, 2016 at 7:30 p.m., pursuant to posted notice. Mayor Schmitt called the meeting to order, and announced the location of the Open Meeting Act.
Mayor Schmitt also opened the One and Six Year Street Hearing at 7:30 p.m.
Councilmen present were Jim Kittelson, Duane Miller, Don Mackel and Mike Dvorak.
A complete and accurate copy of the minutes is available for public inspection during normal business hours at the City Clerk’s office.
The following agenda items were approved:
• January regular meeting minutes, treasurer’s report, transaction report, and paying the claims, with the additional claim to Beckman Lumber
GENERAL: ERPPD, se, 93.61; Great Plains Communications, se, 50.69; Fitzgerald, Vetter & Temple, se, 200.00; Jeanette Meis, se, 75.00; Prudential, retirement, 660.37; US Treasury, tax, 2712.58; Dean’s Market, su, 21.51; APPEARA, su, 36.15; Elgin Review, se, 74.55; V.Miller, ex, 135.57; Source Gas, se, 212.80; Bank of Elgin, ins, 2250.00; Bank of Elgin, loan, 500.00; US Post Office, su, 4.04-1719.91
SALES TAX: To General-$2513.19
STREET: ERPPD, se, 1500.84; Verizon Wireless, su, 14.76; Source Gas, se, 126.56; Home Town Station, su, 255.93–One Stop, se, 483.34; Elgin AutoParts, su, 12.16; Elgin Review, prnt, 31.00; Beckman Lumber, se, 340.89; ACES, Se, 3650.00; Central Valley Ag, su, 67.58; Dean’s Market, su, 13.17; Payroll, 1191.65
WATER: ERPPD, se, 584.30; Verizon Wireless, su, 14.77; Great Plains Communications, se, 87.84; NE Health Lab, test, 66.00; ACES, se, 6000.00; HD Waterworks, su, 436.69; R.Henn, ex, 7.49; Jaysen Sehi, return, 43.92; US Post Office, su, 40.90; Dept of Revenue, tax, 131.54; Jaysen Sehi Account return, 56.08; Payroll, 2383.27
SEWER:ERPPD, se, 1082.91; Great Plains Communications, se, 47.89; Dean’s Market, su, 1.50; Midwest Labs, se, 185.38; Dept of Revenue, tax, 50.58; Payroll, 909.12
FIRE: ERPPD, se, 358.63; Great Plains Communications, se, 54.67; APPEARA, su, 36.15; Source Gas, se, 444.36; Bank of Elgin, loan, 1846.71
POLICE: Antelope Co Sheriff, se, 2700.00; Safe-N-Secure, rprs, 90.00
TRASH PICKUP/RECYCLING: Bud’s Sanitary Service, se, 4968.00; Betty Moser, rent, 100.00
POOL: ERPPD, se, 28.09; Source Gas, se, 27.20; Antelope County Clerk, election, 2194.57
PARK: ERPPD, se, 494.86; Dept of Revenue, tax, 92.62; Don‘s Electric, rprs, 54.50; Payroll, 282.48
LIBRARY: ERPPD, se, 62.25; Source Gas, se, 118.24; Amazon, bks, 346.90; Great Plains Communications, se, 82.57; Upstart, bkx, 36.34; Payroll, 958.58
• Reject all bids for the storage building due to discrepancies between the two bids
• Kyle Wilkinson to the Fire Department
• Special Designated Permits for the EKG on February 27th and June 11th
• Purchasing 10,000 gallons or armor coat oil for 2016
• Building Permits: Ralph and Denise Getzfred
• Resolution 2016-1, approving the One and Six Year Street Plan
Discussions were held on:
• The well project is eligible for loan dollars through NHHS revolving loan fund.
• Advertising the “Invitation to Bid” with bidding letting scheduled for March 3rd
• Steve Niewohner connecting his septic tank to the City sewer
• Cable rate increase by Great Plains Communications
• Repairs to sewer plant
• Need for extra drivers and trucks if necessary
• Letters sent regarding property clean up
• 2014-2015 Audit completed and given to Council for review
• Location of Digital Speed Signs and applications submitted
• Sheriff’s Department’s December Report—125 hours and 26 minutes and 6- 911 calls. Totals for 2015–1,269 hours and 47 minutes with 53-911 calls
• Issues with vacation accrued and payout upon termination
• Information regarding the pool bonds will be held on March 7th
• 2015 taxes on lots for new well
• Incumbent filing of February 16, 2016 and Non-incumbent filing of March 1, 2016
Next regular meeting will be held on Monday, March 7, 2016 at 7:30 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
PUBLISH: February 10, 2016
ELGIN CITY COUNCIL