ELGIN CITY COUNCIL PROCEEDINGS
September 8, 2015
The Elgin City Council met in regular session on Tuesday, September 8, 2015, at 7:30 p.m., pursuant to posted notice. Mayor Schmitt called the meeting to order, and announced the location of the Open Meeting Act.
Mayor Schmitt also called to order the budget hearing and the special hearing at 7:30 p.m.
Councilmen present were Jim Kittelson, Duane Miller, Mike Dvorak and Don Mackel.
A complete and accurate copy of the minutes is available for public inspection during normal business hours at the City Clerk’s office.
The following agenda items were approved:
• August regular meeting minutes, special meeting minutes, treasurer’s report, transaction report, and paying the claims.
GENERAL: ERPPD, se, 179.38; Great Plains Communications, se, 50.38; Fitzgerald, Vetter & Temple, se, 399.88; Jeanette Meis, se, 125.00; Prudential, retirement, 787.40; US Treasury, tax, 4821.06; Dean’s Market, su, 35.43; APPEARA, su, 24.90; Elgin Review, se, 200.04; Deets Home Store, se, 2785.32; V.Miller, ex, 22.17; Source Gas, se, 69.66; Bank of Elgin, ins, 1800.00; Bank of Elgin, loan, 1000.00; League of NE Municipalities, dues, 1036.00; Eakes Office Solutions, su, 147.08; Payroll, 1993.59
SALES TAX: To General; $5806.17
STREET: ERPPD, se, 1502.58; Verizon Wireless, su, 14.78; Source Gas, se, 27.27; Home Town Station, su, 617.17 ; NE Nebraska RC & D se, 200.00; Bader’s, se, 3997.00; Jerry’s Feed, su, 23.64; Sapp Bros, su, 86.66; CVA, Su, 36.97; Payroll, 1424.52
WATER: ERPPD, se, 822.43; Verizon Wireless, su, 14.78; Great Plains Communications, se, 87.53; NE Health Lab, test, 256.00; CVA, su, 6.57; HD Supply, su, 5684.16; Elgin Equipment, se, 11.35; Sargent Drilling, se, 27905.65; Kallhoff Electric, se, 5880.75; League Utilities Section, dues, 200.00; Western Office, su, 186.79; One Call Concepts, se, 11.73; US Post Office, su, 35.90; Dept of Revenue, tax, 1971.01; Patrick Ash Account return, 100.00; Payroll, 2181.59
SEWER: ERPPD, se, 1270.68; Great Plains Communications, se, 47.58; Dean’s Market, su, 1.50; Midwest Labs, se, 256.50; League Utilities Section, dues, 200.00; Western Office, su, 186.79; One Call Concepts, se, 11.82; Bomgaars, su, 42.35; Sapp Bros, rent, 1.00; Dept of Revenue, tax, 702.82; Payroll, 840.97
FIRE: ERPPD, se, 243.44; Great Plains Communications, se, 54.36; APPEARA, su, 24.90 Source Gas, se, 76.86; Bank of Elgin, loan, 3693.42; Elgin Insurance Services, ins, 765.00; Elgin Rural Fire Board, refund, 393.00; CVA, su, 13.24
POLICE: Antelope Co Sheriff, se, 2600.00
Bud’s Sanitary Service, se, 4927.50; Betty Moser, rent, 100.00; Western Office, su, 186.79; NE Waste Reduction, tax, 25.00
POOL: ERPPD, se, 652.23; Great Plains Communications, su, 62.77; Dean’s Market, su, 3.29; APPEARA, su, 24.90; Source Gas, se, 646.19; In the Swim, su, 40.59; Bank of Elgin, bad check, 130.00; Dept of Revenue, tax, 111.38; Payroll, 3784.82
PARK: ERPPD, se, 743.56; Dept of Revenue, tax, 205.26; CVA, su, 128.04; Jerry’s Feed, su, 64.94; Richard Geller, return, 87.50; Dean Moen, return, 325.00; Payroll, 249.82
LIBRARY: ERPPD, se, 82.14; Source Gas, se, 31.38; Amazon, bks, 121.54; Great Plains Communications, se, 82.12; Payroll, 909.77
YOUTH: ERPPD, se, 82.78
• Suspending the reading of Ordinance 642 on three different days
• Ordinance 642, approving the Sterling Heights 2nd Subdivision
• The revision of the culverts on Highway 14 providing the engineer approves the revision and all easements are approved.
• Kicking off the pool renovation campaign by giving $50,000.00 from sales tax funds
• Sending a letter of commitment to CORE for a 10% grant match
• Jamie Schwarting to the fire department
• Interlocal agreement with Antelope County to provide law enforcement coverage at the cost of $2,700.00 per month
• Building permits: Jeremy Hoefer and Mike Codr
• Resolution 2015-3 Calling for a bond election for pool renovations
• Entering into closed session for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual. Entered into closed session at 8:15 p.m.
• Reconvened in open session at 8:45 p.m.
• Paying a $750.00 stipend to the City Clerk and Maintenance personnel
• Suspending the three of Ordinance 641 on three different days
• Ordinance 641 – Setting salaries
• City Attorney to write letters to residents regarding weeds and junk on their property
• Concrete the alley approach south of Mardelle Blair’s
• Hiring CJ’s Masonry to pour alley two alley approaches
Discussions were held on:
• DHHS inspection of proposed well site
• Non; working water meters
• Household Hazardous Waste collection September 12, 2015
• Salaries for Mayor, City Council, City Clerk, Maintenance personnel, pool manager and lifeguards
• Dogs running at large citation results
• Nuisance Abatement Program provide by Northeast Economic Development District
• Next regular meeting will be held on Monday, October 5, 2015
Meeting adjourned at 9:50 p.m.
PUBLISH: September 16, 2015
ELGIN CITY COUNCIL PROCEEDINGS