ELGIN CITY COUNCIL
July 6, 2015
The Elgin City Council met in regular session on Monday, July 6, 2015, at 7:30 p.m., pursuant to posted notice. Mayor Schmitt called the meeting to order, and announced the location of the Open Meeting Act.
Councilmen present were Jim Kittelson, Duane Miller and Mike Dvorak. Councilman Don Mackel was absent.
A complete and accurate copy of the minutes is available for public inspection during normal business hours at the City Clerk’s office.
The following agenda items were approved:
• June regular meeting minutes, treasurer’s report, transaction report, and paying the claims.
GENERAL: ERPPD,se,84.63-Great Plains Communications, se, 50.75; Fitzgerald, Vetter & Temple, se, 200.00; Jeanette Meis, se, 75.00; Prudential, retirement, 582.90; US Treasury, tax, 3347.34; NE Dept of Revenue, tax, 803.66; Dean’s Market, su, 38.86; APPEARA, su, 25.04; Elgin Review, se, 55.22; Elgin Insurance Services, se, 819.00; Municipal Code Services, se, 75.00; Elgin Insurance Services, 18382.00; Source Gas, se, 87.62; Bank of Elgin, ins,1800.00; Bank of Elgin, loan, 1000.00; Payroll, 2130.80
SALES TAX: To General – $12630.24
STREET: ERPPD, se, 1514.55; Bomgaars, su, 349.99; Verizonwireless, su, 17.98; Source Gas, se, 28.27; Home Town Station, su, 408.12; Elgin One Stop, su, 89.00; Elgin Machine & Equipment, su, 76.35; Pollock Redi Mix, su, 5166.95; Payroll, 743.64
WATER: ERPPD, se, 610.55; CVA, se, 36.70; Verizonwireless, su, 17.99; Great Plains Communications, se, 87.90; NE Health Lab, test, 365.00; Elgin Review, se, 93.75; Sargent Drilling, se, 24372.39; One Call Concepts Inc, se, 14.43; Kallhoff Electric, se, 7758.66; US Post Office, su, 17.95; Dept of Revenue, tax, 334.68; Payroll, 1101.22
SEWER: ERPPD, se, 936.05; Great Plains Communications, se, 47.95; Midwest Lab Inc, testing, 510.64; CVA, su, 10.10; Dean’s Market, su, 146.45; One Call Concepts Inc, se, 14.42; Dept of Revenue, tax, 143.29; Payroll, 419.11
FIRE: ERPPD, se, 229.41; Great Plains Communications, se, 54.73; APPEARA, su, 25.03 Source Gas, se, 133.87; Bank of Elgin, loan, 3693.42
POLICE: Antelope Co Sheriff, se, 2600.00; Safe; N; Secure, se, 7717.53; Beckman Lumber, su, 250.00
TRASH PICKUP/RECYCLING: Bud’s Sanitary Service, se, 9553.50; Betty Moser, rent, 100.00
POOL: ERPPD, se, 285.63; Great Plains Communications, su, 63.14; CVA, se, 154.15; Dean’s Market, su, 23.07; Jerry’s Feed Service, su, 22.67; Elgin Review, 123.60; APPEARA, su, 25.03; Source Gas, se, 30.17; Payroll, 2710.16
PARK: ERPPD, se, 448.98; CVA, se, 171.47; Pollock Redi Mix, su, 29.13; Jerry’s Feed Service, su, 8.69; Sterling West, su, 4835.00; Dept of Revenue, tax, 183.23; Payroll, 131.48
LIBRARY: ERPPD, se, 56.69; Source Gas, se, 38.38; Amazon, bks, 118.32; Great Plains Communications, se, 92.98; Lloyd Warner, bks, 99.00; Penworthy, bks, 100.00; Binswanger Glass, se, 99.00; Payroll, 909.77
YOUTH: ERPPD, se, 54.35; CVA, se, 37.80
• Proceeding with a complete water scan of the test well.
• Accept bid from Bader Highway & Street to do crack filling in next budget period at the cost of $7994.00.
• The City Attorney to send letters to residents regarding failure to license their dogs.
• Entering into a Professional Services Agreement with Burbach Aquatics to initiate and perform Phase 1-Step #5.
• City Attorney to draft an ordinance allowing golf car vehicles on City streets.
• Respond to the NDOR regarding Highway Allocation Fund revenue.
• Building Permits: Danny Veik, Dan Zwingman, Elgin Public Schools, Karl Hensley and Chris Beckman
Discussions were held on:
• Results of preliminary scan of test well.
• Generator at water well
• Weed eating around campers at the campground
• Replacing non-working water meters
• Replacing the bench at the park
• Weeding around toddler area at the park
• Sheriff’s report, Elgin resident cited twice for dogs running at large
• Attorney’s report, complaint will be filed today for dogs running at large
• Forty two participating in Red Cross lessons
• Tickets sold at pool
• Closing date for the pool
• Annual pool inspection results
• Finishing concrete work
• Carpet for front office
Next regular meeting will be held on Monday, August 2, 2015
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 p.m.
PUBLISH: July 15, 2015
ELGIN CITY COUNCIL