ELGIN CITY COUNCIL
February 3, 2014
The Elgin City Council met in regular session on Monday, February 3, 2014, at 7:30 p.m., pursuant to posted notice. Mayor Schmitt called the meeting to order, and announced the location of the Open Meeting Act. Council members present were Don Mackel, Kenny Jochum, Shirley Nissen and Jim Kittelson.
Mayor Schmitt opened the One and Six Year Street Hearing at 7:31 p.m.
A complete and accurate copy of the minutes is available for public inspection during normal business hours at the City Clerk’s office.
The following agenda items were approved:
• January regular meeting, treasurer’s report, transaction report, and paying the claims.
GENERAL: ERPPD, se, 104.37; Great Plains Communications, se, 55.27; Fitzgerald, Vetter & Temple, se, 399.59; Jeannette Meis, se, 75.00; Prudential, retirement, 585.13; USTreasury, tax, 2371.16; APPEARA, su, 35.95; Eakes Office Plus, su, 85.70; Elgin Review, se, 313.43; Dean’s Market, su, 7.84; Source Gas, se, 332.51; Bank of ; Elgin, ins, 1800.00; Bank of Elgin, loan, 500.00; Municipal Code Services, se, 625.00; Don’s Electric, rprs, 48.70; V. Miller, ex, 24.64; Payroll, 1612.36
SALES TAX: To General; $1820.98
STREET: ERPPD, se, 1573.46; Elgin One Stop, su, 67.53; Verizonwireless, su, 14.85; Bank of Elgin, loan, 875.05; Source Gas, se, 154.44; The Station, su, 271.47; Dean’s Market, su, 12.86; Don Poulsen, su, 45.81; Elgin Review, prnt, 10.80; Payroll, 1053.31
WATER: ERPPD, se, 687.04; NE Dept of Revenue, tax, 129.80; Verizonwireless, su, 14.84; Great Plains Communications, se, 90.98; US Post Office, su, 16.05; Martinsen Appraisal, se, 500.00; Hawkins, su, 102.50; Holiday Inn, se, 84.95; Payroll, 2106.59
SEWER: ERPPD, se, 1089.10; NE Department of Revenue, tax, 51.62; Great Plains Communications, se, 46.11; Dean’s Market, su, 1.50; NE Wastewater Operators Division, dues, 20.00; Northwest Electric, rprs, 343.57; Holiday Inn, Se, 84.95; Durre Well Services, rprs, 422.00; Payroll, 807.50
FIRE: ERPPD, se, 259.42; Great Plains Communications, se, 52.30; APPEARA, su, 35.94; Source Gas, se, 710.66; Bank of Elgin, loan, 1846.71; Midwest Automatic Fire Sprinkler Co., rprs, 927.55; Elgin Reviw, se, 4.66
POLICE: Antelope Co Sheriff, se, 2600.00; Universal Licensing Service, dues, 95.00
TRASH PICKUP/RECYCLING: Bud’s Sanitary Service, se, 4758.00; Betty Moser, rent, 100.00
POOL: ERPPD, se, 28.09; Source Gas, se, 24.74
PARK: ERPPD, se, 1492.44; Dept of Revenue, tax, 223.16; Payroll, 245.77
LIBRARY: ERPPD, se, 71.34; Source Gas, se, 158.38; Amazon, bks, 46.11 ; Great Plains Communication, se55.71; Gale, bks, 40.93; Payroll, 909.78
• Tabled any action on Professional Retail Operations Agreement with ERPPD, Until the City Attorney reviews the agreement
• Enter into executive session to discuss authorization to negotiate with property owner to drill a test well. Reconvene in open session at 8:04 p.m.
• Authorized Advanced Consulting Engineering Service to proceed with the bidding process for the drilling of a test well
• Tabled any action on culvert at Pelster’s until engineer and Mayor check into it
• Tabled any action on the resolutions regarding a $15.00 late fee until March
• Following the code book and charging Mrs. Orlowski for two separate sewer charges
• Signing contract with Complete Pest Elimination and prepaying for mosquito spraying
• Bids from Midwest Electrical, Schmitt Construction and Flenniken Plumping for fire hall update
• Tabled any action on driveway off Bowen Street until discussion with the Legion
• $5000.00 to the Community Club new sign
• Building permit: None
• Resolution 2014-1 approving the One and Six Year plan
Discussions were held:
• Tree City USA update
• Armor Coat Oil and to be completed by September 1, 2014
• Generator at fire building
• Fire hydrant needing replaced
• Sheriff’s report for January
• Sign for fire storage building
Next regular meeting will be held on Monday, March 3, 2014
Meeting adjourned at 9:10 p.m.
Curb and Guttering
One and Six Year Street Hearing adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
PUBLISH: February 12, 2014
ELGIN CITY COUNCIL