The Elgin City Council is scheduled to hold their regular meeting on Monday night, Dec. 5. Scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., items on the agenda are:
• Discussion and action on Plantation Street
• Discussion and action on legislative updates
• Discussion and action on building permits for non-attached buildings
• Discussion and action on tree trimming bids
• Discussion and action on opening of bids for Crown Victoria and pickup
The meeting will then adjourn and a reorganizational meeting will commence. The council will vote on a president of the council, then approve a resolution setting appointments and committees.
Discussion in scheduled to be held on the audit review, setting a January meeting date and on building permits.
The meeting, to be held at City Hall, is open to the public.