Will a law enforcement agreement between the City of Elgin and Antelope County be formally agreed to?
The Elgin City Council will once again have the item before them when they hold their regular monthly meeting on Monday night, April 4.
Since the end of January, the Antelope County Sheriff’s Department has been providing law enforcement services under the guidance of newly-elected Sheriff Bob Moore. The change was made when the City of Elgin elected to no longer have a police department. Since that time the City has sought to get an agreement finalized to no avail.
Perhaps this will be the night the agreement is acted upon. Other action items on the agenda are:
• Sales tax for water and sewer repair —Hank Schueths
•Summer employees — coaches, tree site and substitute lifeguards
• Use of the City Park — Elgin Chamber of Commerce/Community Club
• Special designated permit — Steel Steed Steakhouse & Saloon
• Park — Tree Board
• Building permits — Marvin Meis, Karein Eischeid and Duane Miller
• Opening of tree/compost site and advertise for supervisor
The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. at Elgin City Hall.