Elgin City Council To Meet Monday Night
January 2, 2014 by lmorgan
The Elgin City Council will hold their first meeting of the new year on Monday night, Jan. 6.
According to City Clerk Vicki Miller, the following items are on the agenda for action. They are:
• Discussion and action on Tree City USA. At last month’s meeting, Pastor Michael Davis asked for the council to consider seeking designation as a member of Tree City USA. Davis was instructed to gather more information for council members to review at the January meeting.
• New water well update — Council members will receive an update on a possible location for a test water well.
A new water well will need to be developed in the coming months due to high arsenic levels, according to water tests conducted in previous months.
• Late fees for water/sewer/trash bills.
• Legislative Ordinance Update.
• Building permit application — Tom Bergstrom.
Also during the meeting there will be maintenance, sheriff’s, attorney’s, trash/recycling, treasurer’s, transaction/claims. council members and clerk’s reports.
The meeting, open to the public, will begin at 7:30 p.m. at city hall.