Elgin City Council To Meet Monday Night
November 27, 2013 by lmorgan
The regular meeting of the Elgin City Council will be held Monday night, Dec. 2.
The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall, is open to the public.
One item of ‘old’ business is on the agenda. It involves vehicles owned by private citizens being parked on city property.
After that issue is resolved, a vote for president of the council will take place.
Other items on the agenda for Monday night’s meeting are:
• Approve Resolution 2013-7 setting appointments and committees
• Updating the City Code Book
• Paperwork for DWSRF
• Drainage ditch at Paul Pelster’s property
• Building permits — Elgin Area Development Corporation (EADC)
• Tree City USA — Michael Davis
• Signing for past year Street Superintendent
• Purchasing picnic tables
In addition, scheduled reports to be presented are: maintenance, attorney’s, sheriff’s, trash pickup/recycling, treasurer’s, claims and transactions, council members, and clerk.