Landlord/Tenant Cash Lease Workshop Registration Underway
November 14, 2013 by lmorgan
The Landlord/Tenant Cash Lease workshop offered Tuesday December 3 will help landlords and tenants put together a lease that is right for them and help maintain positive farm leasing relations.
The workshop will be at the Neligh Fair Grounds New Exhibit Building starting at 9 a.m. and concluding about noon.
Topics for discussion include:
- Latest information about land values and cash rental rates for the area and state;
- Expectations from the lease, including goal setting for the rental property;
- Lease termination, including terminating handshake or verbal leases;
- Lease communication, determining appropriate information sharing for both the tenant and landlord;
- Alternative cash lease arrangements, flexible provision considerations for your situation; and
- Other topics, like irrigation systems, hay rent, pasture rental agreements, and grain bin rental will be covered as time allows.
The UNL Extension Educator team of, Allan Vyhnalek, Jessica Johnson, Monte Vandeveer, Robert Tigner, and Tim Lemmons, will present on these topics and provide common sense tips during the presentation. It is very helpful if both the tenant and landlord can attend together. It is also helpful if the spouse attends. Everyone is welcome to the workshop.
This free workshop is sponsored by the Nebraska Soybean Board and the North Central Risk Management Agency. Refreshments and handouts are provided. Registration is requested by calling the host county of the workshop. Register by three working days prior to the workshop you would like to attend to ensure that there are enough handouts and refreshments.
Registrations are requested by November 27, to insure adequate supplies for the participants. To register, contact the Antelope County Extension Office at 402-887-5414.