Proceedings - Elgin City Council
October 10, 2012 by lmorgan
ELGIN CITY COUNCIL
October 1, 2012
The Elgin City Council met in regular session on Monday, October 1, 2012, at 7:30 p.m., pursuant to posted notice. Mayor Schmitt called the meeting to order, and announced the location of the Open Meeting Act. Council members present were Shirley Nissen, Don Mackel, Jim Kittelson and Kenny Jochum.
A complete and accurate copy of the minutes is available for public inspection during normal business hours at the City Clerk’s office.
The following agenda items were approved:
• September regular meeting minutes, budget hearing minutes, special hearing minutes, amending the budget hearing minutes, special meeting minutes, treasurer’s report, transaction report, and paying the claims
GENERAL: ERPPD, se, 219.35; Great Plains Communications, se, 50.34; Fitzgerald, Vetter & Temple, se, 397.73; Jeannette Meis, se, 75.00; Prudential, retirement, 533.09; USTreasury, tax, 1986.86; APPEARA, su, 37.15; Elgin Review, se, 75.89; Dean’s Market, su, 19.43; Elgin Insurance Services, ins, 1276.00; EMC Nation Life Ins, ins 329.00; Source Gas, se, 16.56; Bank of Elgin, ins, 1433.40; Bank of Elgin, loan, 500.00; NE Dept of Revenue Tax, 1057.59; US Post Office, su, .45; Payroll, 1600.71
SALES TAX: To General; $4378.59
STREET: ERPPD, se, 1490.49; Elgin One Stop, su, 233.84; Verizonwireless, su, 19.39; Bank of Elgin, loan, 875.05; Source Gas, se, 1.97; The Station, se, 86.59; Bomgaars, su, 33.48; CVA, su, 34.24; Bader’s Highway, su, 6629.00; Elgin Body & Glass, rprs, 33.52; Corner Service, rprs, 12.00; Payroll, 1015.68
WATER: ERPPD, se, 1610.52; NE Dept of Revenue, tax, 187.92; Verizonwireless, su, 19.40; Great Plains Communications, se, 82.68; US Post Office, su, 10.40 –CVA, su, 155.61; NE Public Health Lab, se, 61.00; Sargent Drilling, equip, 2645.68; Hawkins, su, 107.00; Elgin Pharmacy, su, 14.48; Waterworks, su, 1043.27; Pollock Redi Mix, su, 259.00; NRWA, donation, 150.00; Payroll, 2031.32
SEWER: ERPPD, se, 1160.79; NE Department of Revenue, tax, 106.71; Great Plains Communications, se, 44.88; Dean’s Market, su, 1.50; Midwest Labs, se, 155.37; MARC, su, 1198.00; Dakota Pump, su, 491.08; Dvorak Construction, Rprs, 2088.00; Payroll, 776.34
FIRE: ERPPD, se, 657.03; Great Plains Communications, se, 51.07; APPEARA, su, 37.15; Source Gas, se, 138.69; A & M Contractors, rprs, 11078.00
POLICE: Antelope Co Sheriff, se, 2640.00; Safe; N; Secure, su, 1324.00
TRASH PICKUP/RECYCLING: Bud’s Sanitary Service, se, 4532.50; Betty Moser, rent, 100.00; R. Henn, ex, 9.35
POOL: ERPPD, se, 419.58; Source Gas, se, 112.88; Dept of Revenue, tax, 29.34; Dvorak Construction, rprs, 1646.75; A & M Contracting, rprs, 2864.00
PARK: ERPPD, se, 147.24; Dept of Revenue, tax, 28.59; Dvorak Construction, rprs, 4843.75; Dean’s Market, su, 19.55; ; Payroll, 239.31
LIBRARY: ERPPD, se, 83.70; Source Gas, se, 7.40; Amazon, bks, 171.69 ; Great Plains Communication, se, 94.64; Deb Flaughs, bks, 27.31; Chuck Eggers, rprs, 214.90; Dvorak Construction, rprs, 5783.50; Payroll, 943.85
• Contracting with Jeannette Meis to clean park bathrooms, public bathrooms and city office.
• Suspend the reading of Ordinance 525 on three different days
• Ordinance 525
• Resolution 2012-3, a resolution approving the sale of the City’s lot
• Building Permits for Kyle Warren and Blaine Blecker
Discussions were held:
• County Tourism Funds
• Driveway on west side of Housing Authority lot off of Bowen Street
• Extending West Ridge Road further west
• Winterizing park bathrooms after Craft fair.
• NDOR repairing street with City paying for concrete
• Replace flag and pole on fire hydrant on 3rd and Cedar
• Holding items off of private property for 30 days then selling at public auction
• New recycling program starting on November 1, 2012
• No bon fire for homecoming this year
• Continue looking for location to place storage bunker
• Public Hearing on water study to be held on November 5, 2012 at 7:30 p.m.
• Next regular meeting will be held on November 5, 2012
Meeting adjourned at 8:05 p.m.
Publish: October 10, 2010