Park Church to Celebrate 125 Years on Sunday
June 23, 2010 by lmorgan
On Sunday, June 27, 2010, Park Congregational United Church of Christ will welcome family and friends to share memories while celebrating the 125 years of ministry in this rural church localted 10 miles west and one-half mile south of Elgin.
The first church in this community (Clay Ride as it was called at that time) was organized as the Pleasant Valley Presbyterian Church and th emeeting were held in the homes of members.
On April 30, 1885, this organization met and voted to disband. Then on May 31, 1885, they met and voted to organize a Congregational Church and to call it the Pleasant Valley Congregational Church.