December 5, 2014 by lmorgan · Comments Off
At the December 20th Wolfpack basketball games, the Elgin Eagles Stand For the Silent Chapter will bring attention to bullying in schools. To show your support to put an end to bullying (verbal, cyber and more), please join them by buying a t-shirt to wear to the game. Boyd Co. schools (our opponent that night) is also participating in the event with t-shirt sales at their school. Forms & money need to be turned into the school’s office by Wednesday, Dec. 10th.
Click on this link for a form: Stand For The Silent T-shirt Order Form
December 2, 2014 by lmorgan · Comments Off
The Elgin Livestock Sales, LLC annual Black Angus Influence auction held yesterday (Monday, Dec. 1) brought the people to town! According to Auctioneer Ted Baum, approximately 2000 head of calves went through the sale ring. With about 100 to 120 buyers in the building plus sellers anxious to see how well their calves sold, a vacant spot on the benches was hard to find. By the time the last pen sold, around $3 million changed hands. “It was a great day from beginning to end,” said Baum. One of their more popular auctions, this annual sale is held on the first Monday following Thanksgiving. E-R photos
November 28, 2014 by lmorgan · Comments Off
The Christmas holiday season in Elgin will take on a new, more festive look along Second Avenue.
City Clerk Vicki Miller said Monday morning that the new holiday lights were installed on light poles up and down the street on Saturday. Doing the installation were Bruce Clark, Alan Reicks and Merle Moser.
The new lights were purchased by the City of Elgin with funds donated by the Elgin Q125 and History Book Committees.
The lights are expected to be turned on sometime after Thanksgiving.
November 26, 2014 by lmorgan · Comments Off
Winners of the Elgin Community Club’s annual “Turkey Giveaway” are:
• Bank of Elgin - Pam Heithoff
• Bargain Box - Pauline Pelster
• Boone & Antelope Mutual Insurance Co. - Fred Fangman
• Central Valley Ag - Steven Schrunk, Leroy Schindler, Dave Schrage
• City Limits - Marvin Meis
• Coffeehouse Café - Bernice Seims
• Dean’s Market - Amber Scheer
• Draper Insurance - Judy Havel
• Dvorak Construction - Vera Dell Stuhr
• Elgin Appliance & More/Dollar $tore & More - Mildred Pelster
• Elgin Insurance Services - Alma McClain
• Elgin One Stop/Sleepin Inn - Dave Wiegand
• Elgin Pharmacy & Gifts - Betty Mackel
• Elgin Review - Lonnie Dinslage
• Elgin Veterans’ Medical Clinic/Boone County Health Center - Dave Mignery
• Golden Living Center (EHS - Tanner Welding, PJCC - Kayla Nelson & Elgin Community Center - Rita Wagner)
• Insurance Mart - Ellen Schmitt
• Jerry’s Feed Service - Ted Baum
• Jonny Dodge - Ken Schindler
• Kyle & Deb Warren (St. Boniface Elementary School - Natalie Bauer)
• Lordemann Insurance - Teresa Moore
• Precision Repair - Brian Mack
• Sandhills Hideaway - Connie Nelson
• Sapp Bros - Lyle Meis
• The Station - Linda Mack
• DJ Lawn Care - Scott Beckman
• Antelope County Vet Clinic - Randy Dozler
• Total Image Salon & Spa - Raedean Henn
• Town & Country Vet Clinic - Gayle Zegers
Turkeys can be picked at Dean’s Market during regular business hours.
November 20, 2014 by lmorgan · Comments Off
Technical Sergeant Jeffrey Kallhoff, son of Lyla and Dale Kallhoff of Neligh, graduated from Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX on November 13, 2014. Jeffrey finished his schooling there with excellence instruction and distinguished graduate war recipient where he is receiving his new hat as a Military Training Instructor. Jeff will be leaving Offutt Air Force Base out of Bellevue, NE on December 1 where he will be stationed down in San Antonio, TX. Photo, information submitted